Benchmarks > Also compared to Ouya | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Benchmarks > Also compared to Ouya
November 4, 2012
12:00 am
Aricsdaddy

Forum Posts: 7

At the moment the MK808 has about 3 Roms available. The Stock Rom is the fastest, followed by Finless 1.4 and 1.5. The new beta stock rom is faster than both the Finless's, but is not finished.

Now I do not have exact benchmarks from stock rom, or Finless 1.5 as everyone seems to avoid these anyway. But on Quadrant, my MK808 scored an average of 3626. The Machins are MK808 (Rockchi 3066 (Mail 400 - Scored 3626)) Asus Transformer Prime - (Quad Core - Tegra 3 - Scored 4050.) and HTC One X - (Quad Core CPU - Adreno 225 GPU - 4600)

Test Results*

- CPU - Prime and One X are much faster, but they are both Quad Cores.
- 1 / 0 - MK808 Wins, and is about 15% faster than One X, and 25% faster than Prime.
- Memory - MK808 Wins, and is about 15% faster than One X, and 20% faster than Prime.
- 2D - One X wins and is about 5% faster than MK808, and MK808 is about 35% faster than Prime*
- 3D - MK808** wins, and is about 3% faster than Prime, and about 6% faster than One X

* I am not sure what frequency the MK808 was running at, as every time I set the CPU to 252 or 1608 MHz it produced the same results.
** I did cheat a little as I set the system to do 2D graphics in the GPU, One X did this too though)
** My MK808 was set to 1080p

Personally I think this provides some interesting info. For one we all know that Jellybean is buggy and it could probably produce better results when a good version comes out. Secondly this is made as cheap as possible, so I am sure it could have been made faster. So as one of the first Kickstarter backers for the upcoming OUYA, I am a little disappointed that I will be getting a graphically slow machine, especially as it will not be out until mid next year, and a $60 cheap piece of Chinese hardware kicks it's ass in 3D, 2D, Memory and 1/0.

Oh and as a final note. I was amazed when someone told me that they did not know you could do a Control + Alt + Delete reboot (Quick not Cold / Clean) on all MK808 roms. Just Finless 1.5 (current buggy version) will not load apps after you do it.

November 8, 2012
4:04 pm
SuicidalChef611

Forum Posts: 19

Hello there Aric. Your stats are much appreciated info for everyone on the forum Thx.. I see you were on board early for the OUYA and I was wondering if you could possibly send me any info or a few good links as I am greatly anticipating this product. As far as I can tell can only pre-order for 109$ in the states and does not ship till April. Is this where you are at or do you maybe has access to one?

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172