First unpack - what to check and do? | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
First unpack - what to check and do?
October 29, 2012
5:31 am
T68

Forum Posts: 16

Finally the Mk808 got back in stock at DealExtreme and is now shipped to me. Hopefully it will show up in another week or so.
So until then I would be glad to get any advice on what to check and do when I unpack and set this little bugger up.
Should I get upgrades? What keyboards and other accessories can be handy to have from the get go? And so on...

ThankĀ“s in advance!

October 29, 2012
6:53 am
jesjhoward
Forum Posts: 47

This all really depends on what application you're looking to get out of this device. A wireless mouse/keyboard is a great start for any usage. If you're looking for an HTPC, then some sort of remote with a qwerty keypad is quite handy. If gaming is your thing, an Xbox controller works great.

As far as upgrades, again, depends on your needs, but I like to have full control over my device without all of the bloatware that comes preloaded. If you're adventurous enough, I would suggest flashing the Finless 1.5 rom ( http://goo.gl/c9ZeV ) which will fix several issues right out of the box. Let us know if you have any other questions!

October 29, 2012
1:52 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin
Forum Posts: 172

Solid advice jes..
I'm running Finless's 1.4 rooted rom and love it, will be upgrading to 1.5 soon.
T68 I do recommend the k400 http://astore.amazon.com/minip.....B005DKZTMG. You can find them everywhere but if you would like to support the forum you can get it in our store. There is also a lot of different accessories that are geared for these devices. Good luck!

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172