Best Device Yet! | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Best Device Yet!
October 13, 2012
3:59 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin
Forum Posts: 172

So far this is the best unit to buy. I have tested them all and I like this one the most. I currently have the MK808 plugged into my main Tv, Samsung 46" lcd and it works beautifully. Heres a youtube video of my review.

October 14, 2012
1:27 am
ransoma22

Forum Posts: 4

Great review! Anyway, was wondering if
1) WIFI is stable and fast on this device?
2) Connecting few devices(like HDD) via a powered USB hub, playback the MKV video without problem...

Cheers!

October 14, 2012
1:40 am
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

Welcome Ransoma22,

1)Yes the WIFi on this unit is great, comparable to all my devices; Xoom tablet, Smartphones, etc.
2)The playback of MKV files is perfect, its a great file type we will being seeing alot of.

Will do a video review of these questions very soon.
Laugh

October 14, 2012
4:12 am
trdi

Forum Posts: 5

Hi great review!

I have two questions.

1. When device is plugged out from TV, and put back, is there any settings that need to be setup again (diplay resolution, etc.)?

2. How it this in compare with GV-20 unit? They look exactly the same

3. If you have info how manufacturer stands with support - any Firmware releases?

Thank you in advance!

Br,
trdi

October 14, 2012
1:14 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

Hi Trdi and welcome to the forum!

1) The display settings when plugged into my Samsung 46" Lcd are always perfect and have never needed to ajust them. When plugged into my Samsung T240HD Lcd Monitor I have to adjust the screen zoom every time, its just slightly off. We will work on a solution for this.

2) The GV-20 has the exact same specifications and I assume perform as such. Not sure if it's a different manufacturer or just different retailer. I will ask the manufacturer that supply in4dealz.

3) This is the support! Firmware releases are out there, especially for earlier models and the manufacturers are releasing them for major issues. I am working with the manufacturer to have all firmware old and new for our devices on this site to keep everybody updated very soon.

October 15, 2012
8:23 am
dheeraj.more

Forum Posts: 1

Max Powers,

I wish to use MK808 for streaming TV using the apps like SlingPlayer for Phones/Tablets and Dish Remote Access. Can you please let me know if these apps work?

October 15, 2012
8:40 am
trdi

Forum Posts: 5

Max Powers said

1) The display settings when plugged into my Samsung 46" Lcd are always perfect and have never needed to ajust them. When plugged into my Samsung T240HD Lcd Monitor I have to adjust the screen zoom every time, its just slightly off. We will work on a solution for this.

2) The GV-20 has the exact same specifications and I assume perform as such. Not sure if it's a different manufacturer or just different retailer. I will ask the manufacturer that supply in4dealz.

3) This is the support! Firmware releases are out there, especially for earlier models and the manufacturers are releasing them for major issues. I am working with the manufacturer to have all firmware old and new for our devices on this site to keep everybody updated very soon.

Thank you Max for detail reply on my queries.

Is there a coupon available to get nice offer of this unit? Smile

October 16, 2012
11:01 am
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

trdi said

Max Powers said

Thank you Max for detail reply on my queries.

Is there a coupon available to get nice offer of this unit? Smile

Trdi,
I'm currently building the online store for this forum only and I do have distributors that do offer discounts. I can help find the lowest priced MK 808 unit.

October 16, 2012
11:04 am
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

dheeraj.more said

Max Powers,

I wish to use MK808 for streaming TV using the apps like SlingPlayer for Phones/Tablets and Dish Remote Access. Can you please let me know if these apps work?

Hi Dheeraj,

I currently don't have any experience with the MK 808 and those apps but I will put that on the list and get back to you asap.

Maybe one of our members knows?

October 16, 2012
11:14 am
bdorset

Forum Posts: 3

I noticed a link to a firmware img file in this topic. I think it would be nice if you start a "Firmware" topic and put it there also.

October 16, 2012
11:45 am
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

bdorset said

I noticed a link to a firmware img file in this topic. I think it would be nice if you start a "Firmware" topic and put it there also.

That's a good idea Bdorset and thank you for the feedback and please keep it coming. I am always open to criticism in the layout of this site, It's catching on really quick and haven't had much time to get back to designing, but at least its functional Wink

I'm pulling down all the firmware links and will re-design a better place to download and place those.

October 17, 2012
5:21 pm
Moe

Forum Posts: 1

Hi i have purchased the mk802 and I am returning it..
Mk808 :Can someone please confirm if Viaplay can be downloaded on this device.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172