had to send my mk 808 back | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
had to send my mk 808 back
March 12, 2013
8:58 am
SolidMetal

Forum Posts: 7

Hi, i got my MK 808 yesterday, had it up a running for about an hour then the screen just went blank! i turned off and tried to turn it back on and nothing, no blue light nothing!!! i left it a while and then tried again and it came on, only to go back to the red screen. if i try and unplug it and plug it back in right away nothing happens, but like i said i have to wait a while before the blue power light comes back on, so i am sending it back, i am guessing i have a defect model.

March 12, 2013
10:29 am
audiobore

Forum Posts: 35

Hi, can you try hooking it up to a laptop usb socket to power it. The stock power supply is notoriously crap and underrated.

March 12, 2013
11:53 am
SolidMetal

don't have a laptop, but i did try another usb power plug, same thing happens.

March 12, 2013
3:22 pm
audiobore

Ok,fair enough. The original supply is 1amp which is not sufficient to drive it. It sounds like yours may well be a duffer. It is worth keeping this in mind when you get the replacement unit. Good luck. I am sure you will love it when it is up and running.

March 12, 2013
11:04 pm
SolidMetal

well the company i got it from emailed me with a new rom update finless 1.6 rom update, it talks me thru what to do and has all the tools to do this flash, only one problem it does not have drivers for windows 8, so it won't install them. so again i am stuck with a little piece of plastic crap, i am not happy with this at all!
it's really burst my bubble, i was looking forward to this thing coming in the mail and now i am so pissed off with it.

March 13, 2013
2:10 am
audiobore

Try this site and ask for advice. It is the busiest forum I have found dedicated to these devices. There will be a way to work around it.

http://www.armtvtech.com/armtv.....11e4c8fb17

March 15, 2013
8:46 am
SolidMetal

ok so the guys at geekbuying thats where i got this from sent me the flash rom 1.6 and gave advice how to install, i got the drivers installed on my daughters px running xp (mine runs windows 8) so i rebooted the pc and unplugged the mk 808 and when windows came back up restated the mk 808 in flash mode which the pc found, now i start the flash tool and it still say's no found rkandroid rock usb. where in settings on the mk 808 do i change the usb storage, so that it will pick it up? i am not getting any where with this. please help!

March 15, 2013
10:11 am
SolidMetal

Well thats it! i'm getting rid of this, nothing but shit, we need somebody to put up a video to what all the things are in settings, because i cannot for the life of me find where the hell you turn the mass usb on or off because when i want to flash it on the pc it does not see it as a usb storage drive and i have been told to go into settings and change it, so ok where in settings is that? i have been into developer and seen the usb debugging and even tried changing that and nothing.
i am stating to think this device is crap!! infact it is crap, i have only split seconds on it before it freezes up and then i have to wait for a while before i can plug it back in, i have been told that this rom that i was sent will fix the problem i'm having, but it's no good if i can't even find what to change so the pc can see it as the usb storage.

April 3, 2013
12:17 am
Melanie01

I spent $63 on a MK808 along with a RC12 a few weeks ago on marcmart.com. As far, it is the cheapest and best Android Google TV box I can serched online. I would like to recommand to anyone as it charges no shipping cost! Good product!
http://www.marcmart.com/hd-pla.....layer.html

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172