Instructions for Finless 1.4, 1.5......1.6 | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Instructions for Finless 1.4, 1.5......1.6
January 2, 2013
3:19 am
Mike

Forum Posts: 3

Hey Max

Watched your video for installing Finless 1.4 ROM on Mk808; very informative.
You mentioned the written instructions would also be posted - I've searched and cant find.
If they've been posted, can you point me in the right direction. (I presume the instructions are the same for latest Finless v1.6 ?)

Also while I've got you - cant access the video "MK808 how to Flash Firmware" - get a message saying video has been removed as its content violates YouTubes terms of licence.
I'm guessing I'm not unique here; worked OK until a couple of days ago.

Thanks
Mike

January 3, 2013
3:57 am
ruksack

Forum Posts: 21

Hi I installed the 1.6 rom last night there is a read me included with very clear instructions ,I just need to work out how to use a ps3 controller now.

January 5, 2013
12:16 am
painterkev

Forum Posts: 1

Would It be correct that the Finless 1.6 would be no good for UG007 sticks as bluetooth and or wi-fi could be affected and if so which version would be stable as the built in bluetooth was reason I bought stick(still waiting on delivery) Thanks

January 7, 2013
2:01 pm
willysjeep

I should root my 808 also and i dont find the first film "MK808 how to Flash Firmware" – get a message saying video has been removed as its content violates YouTubes terms of licence.
Need this to do the first part.
Where can i find this movie?

January 8, 2013
1:54 am
ruksack

Forum Posts: 21

You don't need to watch a video, just download bobs 1.6 ROM the instructions in the read me are easy to follow .

January 21, 2013
3:12 am
Mike

ruksack- thanks for your advice regards installation of 1,6 firmware;

Finless Bob's instructions were certainly precise and detailed - been trialling the 1.6ROM for about 2 weeks since installing; works great.
Really love the on/off button that was sadly missing from the stock firmware.
Can now turn off Mk808 (and back on) without trashing the firmware.
- Even better still, the RemoteControl.apk supplied by Finless works on both my Sony Tablet S and Samsung S3 phone. Tried to install on an older HTC Desire phone , but wont load on this device ; comes up with a "Parsing Error" message' - maybe because the HTC runs Android 2.2 ??

willysjeep - if you intend to install the Finless 1.6 ROM; and want to watch a video, refer to Max's last video "How to Flash a ROM and obtain Root" - it refers to installing Finless 1.4, however the 1.6 process is essentially the same operation.
This video still works*; - Watch it, then carefully read Finless Bob's instructions as advised by ruksack.

(* the video that has been removed - "MK808 How to Flash Firmware" - referred to installation of Stock Firmware on the Mk808)

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4661

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 455

Newest Members: leonardo, devilkiss, DRXNET, isdap technology, billflat12, Ade Rizki, dtrent, raulitob, mikkelaa, StarTux66

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172