Latest firmware & flashing instructions:Mk808 | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Latest firmware & flashing instructions:Mk808
October 23, 2012
4:53 pm
norcal618
Forum Posts: 18

This method has not yet been tested. If flashing this firmware know that you run a risk of bricking your device and as always this is done at your own risk. This method will be tested very soon by myself or the forum admin. Results will be posted along with a step by step video. Thanks.

Firmware changelog:

1. CPU frequency now set to 1.6Ghz.
2. Screen rotation in apps problem resolved.
3. Adjusted the "Enable ADB" option.
4. Improved WiFi signal stability.

Firmware installation steps: To view the diagrams below login to apad.tv. (Registration is free and instant)

Step 1: Download the 3 files from the links above.
Step 2: Unzip the 2 archives.
Step 3: Plug in the MK808 to your PC via the OTG port. You will be prompted to install the device drivers. After installation is successful unplug the MK808 mini PC from your PC
Step 3: Use a small unfolded paper clip to press the reset button located in the corner of the device. Go quickly to step 4 and connect the mini PC to your computer.
Step 4: Connect the MK808 Mini PC to your computer via the OTG port to a USB port on your computer.
Step 5: Open the RockChip 1.5 Tool
Step 6: Select the language.
Step 7: Choose the location of the .IMG firmware update image file.
Step 8: Select Restore. Your MK808 Mini PC is now updating. Do not disconnect the device while the reflash tool is busy updating.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhkgWlw2YA&w=560&h=315

Firmware and Flashing Files
Update 11/25/2012 Newest Firmware (replace the firmware file with this one) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2J_Nqv8IludYXY0T1VhUmlsM1E/edit?pli=1

http://youtu.be/RlhkgWlw2YA

October 23, 2012
6:53 pm
drzoidberg

Forum Posts: 3

Is there a way to know which firmware my mk808 has currently?

October 24, 2012
5:00 am
norcal618
Forum Posts: 18

drzoidberg said

Is there a way to know which firmware my mk808 has currently?

I'm currently looking into that. As soon as I find out I will get back to you with a post. Thanks :)

October 25, 2012
11:12 am
ITrepairPro

Forum Posts: 24

Does the 1.5 firmware update also root the device?

October 25, 2012
11:16 am
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin
Forum Posts: 172

No sorry, this firmware only gets you on the latest stock version

October 26, 2012
7:43 pm
ITrepairPro

If you hear of any way to root Firmware 1.5, please post your findings.

I am hoping that I will be able to use Titanium Backup after rooting, in order to backup my apps and restore them onto my 32gb Micro SD Card. I've moved most of my apps to the NAND memory, but it didn't take long to fill-up.

Thank you for putting together this forum. So far it is the best resource I've found for information regarding the MK808.

Max Powers said

No sorry, this firmware only gets you on the latest stock version

October 27, 2012
1:39 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.Are you talking about the new 1.5 rom?

October 27, 2012
2:44 pm
ITrepairPro

Max Powers said

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.Are you talking about the new 1.5 rom?

I flashed the new 1.5 rom and everything completed successfully, but when I use "root checker" it says "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"

It also didn't install SU Permissions during the 1.5 Firmware restore.

October 29, 2012
3:37 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

ITrepairPro,
1.5 comes pre-rooted from what everybody is saying. I've yet to graduate from 1.4. Also Chef has what you need to move apps to sd card, refer over to "Chef's Corner" and download "Apps2SD"..We're working hard for you guys, let us know what else you need! Smile

October 29, 2012
10:46 pm
ITrepairPro

Thank you, but I must be missing something. I downloaded the firmware at the top of this thread (update_GV20_204j1.zip). After successfully restoring from this file, I download and run Root Check, but it says I do not have root access. Is there a different 1.5 firmware that I should be using? If so, where can I get it?

Max Powers said

ITrepairPro,
1.5 comes pre-rooted from what everybody is saying. I've yet to graduate from 1.4. Also Chef has what you need to move apps to sd card, refer over to "Chef's Corner" and download "Apps2SD"..We're working hard for you guys, let us know what else you need! Smile

October 29, 2012
10:53 pm
ITrepairPro

I tried App 2 SD, but it still doesn't give me access to the external micro sd card. It just dumps everything into SD Card (NAND storage). I spent about 2 hours searching for an answer, but it seems that every solution requires root access to move installed apps to the micro sd card.

Thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it.

Max Powers said

ITrepairPro,

October 30, 2012
12:00 am
ITrepairPro

I found Finless 1.5 Rom and flashed it. I now have root access, and the xbox 360 controller works. Unfortunately, and I am still not able to move installed apps to the micro sd card.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

ITrepairPro said

Thank you, but I must be missing something. I downloaded the firmware at the top of this thread (update_GV20_204j1.zip). After successfully restoring from this file, I download and run Root Check, but it says I do not have root access. Is there a different 1.5 firmware that I should be using? If so, where can I get it?

Max Powers said

ITrepairPro,

October 30, 2012
2:11 pm
isidhu

Forum Posts: 4

Hi folks
I have run into some issues while trying to flash the latest firmware. I tried to install the drivers and was able to see the device manager list it as a RK 30 device. But after this whenever i try to run the flash utility, it does not seem to find my device. I have the same issue with the finless ROM where the utility does not see my device. I tried to roll back to the factory settings and do it, with the same results. What do you guys think is the issue here?Yell

October 30, 2012
3:45 pm
hippopig

Forum Posts: 14

isidhu said

Hi folks
I have run into some issues while trying to flash the latest firmware. I tried to install the drivers and was able to see the device manager list it as a RK 30 device. But after this whenever i try to run the flash utility, it does not seem to find my device. I have the same issue with the finless ROM where the utility does not see my device. I tried to roll back to the factory settings and do it, with the same results. What do you guys think is the issue here?Yell

make sure that debugging is unchecked on your device.........worked for meLaugh

October 30, 2012
4:17 pm
isidhu

Forum Posts: 4

hippopig said

isidhu said

Hi folks

make sure that debugging is unchecked on your device.........worked for meLaugh

Yes the mini pc is in stock settings and the only option selected under developer options is the one with mock locations. I have not used any sort of storage device with it (no sdcard ) and the only think connected to it is the logitech k400 keyboard. Confused

October 30, 2012
9:22 pm
sagig72

Forum Posts: 7

Hi,
I will very much appreciate the help. I worked according to video. Every time I'm running the RKBatchTool 1.5 I get that the connected device shows in PINK. It won't show in GREEN. Restoring the firmware fails. The video clip say it needs to be green. I tried a milion times to reset the MK808, unplug and replug the USB. The drivers all seem okay in device manager.

What could be the problem? Could it be I don't reset the MK808 correctly, how can I know it was reset? Could it be because my MK808 is not rooted? how can I tell if it's rooted?

Thanks SO much in advance guys. I am a bit disappointed with this, I had it for a week now but still can't get it to work. I get a bad picture on TV and I hope this firmware update will help.

October 30, 2012
9:36 pm
sagig72

Please note that the error I'm getting in RKBatchTool is:
This operation didn't do,because of not supporting!

I see this message is coming from the English ini file that has this error code:
IDS_ERRBYNOTSUPPORTACTION= This operation didn't do,because of not supporting!

But still have no idea what it means. I also see nothing in the log file for the RKBatchTool.

Will appreciate your help!

sagig72 said

Hi,
I will very much appreciate the help. I worked according to video. Every time I'm running the RKBatchTool 1.5 I get that the connected device shows in PINK. It won't show in GREEN. Restoring the firmware fails. The video clip say it needs to be green. I tried a milion times to reset the MK808, unplug and replug the USB. The drivers all seem okay in device manager.

What could be the problem? Could it be I don't reset the MK808 correctly, how can I know it was reset? Could it be because my MK808 is not rooted? how can I tell if it's rooted?

Thanks SO much in advance guys. I am a bit disappointed with this, I had it for a week now but still can't get it to work. I get a bad picture on TV and I hope this firmware update will help.

October 30, 2012
11:40 pm
sagig72

Got this done. It was just a matter of clicking the reset button correctly. My clip wasn't good enough , I had to remove the device cover to be certain I press the button. However, this didn't fix my original problem which is that I can't get a good enough resolution on my 720p TV. It seems the Dongle is automatically set to 1080p and changing the HDMI resolution on the display settings isn't taking effect.\

Do you guys know about this issue? Is there a ROM or firmware that can fix this?

Thanks,

sagig72 said

Please note that the error I'm getting in RKBatchTool is:
This operation didn't do,because of not supporting!

I see this message is coming from the English ini file that has this error code:
IDS_ERRBYNOTSUPPORTACTION= This operation didn't do,because of not supporting!

But still have no idea what it means. I also see nothing in the log file for the RKBatchTool.

Will appreciate your help!

sagig72 said

Hi,

November 3, 2012
10:12 pm
zorbiz

Forum Posts: 1

What program do you use here:http://m.youtube.com/index?des.....okf-X7ME-o

November 8, 2012
1:10 pm
Max Powers
SoCal
Admin

Welcome to the forums zorbiz.
Here's a download link with all the files you will need including the flashing program.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3SfDKQDVCb_a0hyOExxajNCTkk
The link is also available above the video in the OP.
Good Luck, let us know if you need help

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172