mk808 as media player? | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
mk808 as media player?
January 23, 2013
8:32 am
sava84

Forum Posts: 2

Hello friends. I am considering to buy this device, and i have couple of questions about it. Let's start. I plan to use mk808 as torrent client, to download movies to usb memory, and watch it later with mx player. That means i don't need it for streaming, internet services, and games, only as quiet media player, that will be behind my tv set. Is it stable for playing media files? Avi, mkv, mp4? Is there freezing on larger files 10-15 Gb? If this model is not ok, can you recomend some other one to me? Thanks in advance!

January 23, 2013
12:49 pm
motorcyclemikie

Forum Posts: 19

You have described my configurations but I am running the MK802, MX plays them all but ISO's, pirate bay and torrent day has helped me fill the 2.5TB USB drive IHave on it. I have a MK808 and a GK802 on the way from China, I expect the additional performance to also help. But the 802 gets the job done!

January 23, 2013
1:02 pm
sava84

Forum Posts: 2

Nice, if single core pc is doing all that i should take mk802 too. I was a bit worried, because i allready have dual core android phone (htc evo 3d) and when i start torrent client phone becomes much slower. So, you can watch movie and download torrent with no problems? Which one torrent client do you use? I have ttorrent. Don't need stable wlan too, i plan to use usb-lan adapter

February 3, 2013
5:43 pm
motorcyclemikie

Forum Posts: 19

sava84, I believe more performance can only be better, I took a serious step backwards by by installing the MK808, for a while it ran pretty good if you fix the antenna, and try to determine why the stick runs at 5KBs with a excellent wifi signal amplitude (-40db), reset the stick and it might run at 65KBs or not. I am upgrading to the GK802, i'll let you know how it goes with that. I have been using bittorent but it seems too stripped down compared to the windows version, i'll try Utorrent and the others before I call it quits and go back to my windows machine, ouch.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172