MK808 - My review & Verdict | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MK808 - My review & Verdict
November 9, 2012
9:01 pm
ransoma22

Forum Posts: 4

Am running on stock ROM dated 26th Sept 2012 and I find it quite stable.

Tried flashing this firmware which is pre-rooted but I am facing stability problem so I reverted back to Stock ROM.
http://tabletrepublic.com/foru.....-3065.html
Wondering who is also facing this problem as well.?

- Playback of MKV file about 20GB size is perfect so far with no problem. Using MX player with H/W acceleration and this player work great, however I have issues trying to fast forward the clip which I can't forward the clip.
- Bitorrent working fine.
- Hooked on a powered USB hub and linked up 1TB of HDD, 1 keyboard with built in touchpad (which I find it sucky because it too sensitive on keypad and insensitive touchpad). Preferred to use a logitech keyboard and a optical mouse instead.
- Webkey installed and able to remote access the android device from my office.
- PPStream work fine
- PPTV work fine
- Flash website work fine
- MicroSD does not seem to be detected on current stock rom. However, after I had flashed with a new rom mentioned above, I am able to detect the MicroSD.

Will need to test the
- USB RJ45 adapter
- Playback this device into a non HDMI TV with a HDMI to Composite converter

Am trying to root this device again but facing USB drivers problem with Moboro because I want to remain on stock rom.

December 19, 2012
2:41 pm
lowprofile98

Forum Posts: 3

I am using the "BobjGear USB to RJ45" from Amazon and it works great out of the box. No drivers needed. There are others adapters that work as well just make sure that they work with Android.

Question - how did you play the 20GB file, I suspect over WiFi? And did you watch a full movie or just tested it? I am using the USB to Ethernet adapter as I mentioned but found a brief buffering moment every few minutes when playing a 12GB file off a Windows 7 share. So initially it looks great but it is just that after a while I found that it still paused.

I was playing the movie with MX Player pro and it did indicate that it was using H/W decoding.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172