MK808 - Netflix locking up and/or buffering | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MK808 - Netflix locking up and/or buffering
June 11, 2013
7:39 am
TonyV

Forum Posts: 1

I recently installed the Netflix app on an MK808. Initially it played scrambled video, and tried installing a different version of the app which fixed the scrambled video problem.

Now videos play OK for a bit, then every 10-20 seconds it stops and buffers for a few seconds. Sometimes it just freezes, and you have to pause, and play to get it playing again.

It is connected via Wifi, and I tested the download speed at 1.85 Mbps. I know its not the fastest, but this is well over the minimum requirement for Netflix according to the site.

Netflix was the main reason I bought the MK808, so this is pretty disappointing. Any suggestions?

July 20, 2013
11:44 am
jinacio

Forum Posts: 1

TonyV,

Exactly you said happened to me. I tried many things, but only one solution I have found : to come back to android 4.1.1. (my previos version was 4.2.)
The last version of netflix (2,3,2) now works fine, without scrambled video and pauses for buffering.
You will need need also a flash tool, try to search on internet by "Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.6.rar" . It will open an update.img file located in you pc.

>

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172