mk808 not working help | Page 2 | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
mk808 not working help
December 10, 2012
10:02 am
espressox

Forum Posts: 20

Hi
what power supply are you using
You need to use a 2m supply
This was my problem but mine wasnt crashing just not working
Is it freezing using different apps

I would check the power supply

December 11, 2012
12:47 am
leiz

Forum Posts: 3

espressox said

Hi
what power supply are you using
You need to use a 2m supply
This was my problem but mine wasnt crashing just not working
Is it freezing using different apps

I would check the power supply

I use the power supply, what came with the MK808.
And I cant use any apps becouse it wont start at all.
The power light is not coming on.
It worked one and a Half day... Now nothing.
No power with pc usb, tv usb and laptop either...

Really want it to work, its just what i need. :-)

December 11, 2012
2:59 pm
smurph

Forum Posts: 4

Seem to be having same issue....
Not happy that manufacturer & retailer don't tell you that it doesn't power from a typical TV USB port, as this is what I wanted it to do!!!

I am now powering it thru a travel adaptor with a USB port and a spare USB cable, can anyone advise what it is exactly I need to buy: a UK 3 pin plug to mini USB with 2000mA???
I'm finding it hard to distinguish between what i call mini USB and that for HTC/Blackberry phones……HELP!
Links appreciated.

December 16, 2012
2:18 pm
cirilnemec

Forum Posts: 1

I used a cannon camera usb wire and it powered up fine with standard 5v 1 amp adapter. Looks like the issue for non power up would be the cable.

December 31, 2012
3:30 am
kunal59

Hey guys,
I got my mk808 2day, but I'm not as happy as rest of the users. I connected imk808 to 2a power supply but getting blank screen and says to signal detected.. Also tried thru tv USB but still same.. Pls suggest how to fix this no signal problem..

December 31, 2012
9:09 am
audiobore

Forum Posts: 35

Hi Kunai59, have you tried on a different TV. I have two tvs but 808 only works on my samsung

January 2, 2013
6:29 pm
Joe

leiz, I have the exact same problem and I purchase it from the same place geekbuying.com and they don't seem to help at all.

I have done a ROM update and also a Firmware update and nothing only the Google TV screen.

I have tried different tv's, and nothing. I have tried USB ports on the computer and also TV and Nothing just the Google TV screen.

Not really sure what to do next.

http://minipcforums.com/wp-con.....sf-cry.gif

January 4, 2013
3:26 am
HIGHWAY99

Forum Posts: 2

My MK808B seems to be having a simular issue. annoying that it needa 2amp converter instead of 1 like all the other extra ones i have are around the house. a lot easier to find another usb cable for trial and error testing than another 5v 2amp converter. even tried the usb port thing on my audiovox tv as well before realizing that cause of the 2amp issue it probably wouldnt work either. ofc it didnt work when i tried either.

Basically i got it in the mail and let it sit for hours to warm up to room temp after being thru the mail system with it having snowed that week. Next i realized it doesnt really like a usb mouse with a ball on the bottom, so after a few mice i ended up using a usb keyboard and wireless mouse with adapter... cause the remote control mouse/keyboard still hasnt arrived yet. So i got to play around with it for maybe an hour, then turned it off and went to eat then went back and plugged it in and played with it some more. Ofc i soon realized that u seemed to need to have the SD card out when booting it?! and not sure about the hdmi cable i had to mess with unplugging/replugging that which is a pain undoing the cover to where that plugs in on the back of the tv. once i finally got it up and going i put the sd card back in and started to check things out on it again. enjoyed checking out the video playing and browser features. still gotta see if its possible to get it to work with a windows7 homegroup type of shared folder system or how to change that setup to work with the device over the network. nicely it played a video off the usb port on one of my routers on the network. also browsed the web. speed for some things seemed better than i had expected for the way some had talked about them on the net. So next thing was checking out the app store and ofc that place is a utter mess to find something specific. good thing for googling whtat u need and linking to the appstore or such from there to get it. So i basically added firefox in addition with the already there google chrome and default browser which i assume was set to google chrome. too bad greesemonkey didnt seem to be available for "that" OS. First go around the MK808 didnt seem to be getting too hot just slightly warm. 2nd time there it seemed to be a bit more so and had me wonder, though stuff made from where these are made tend to have a funny smell to them anyways (and a lot of things from that part of the world tend to come with a resodue on them that acts badly on the skin, FYI). I'm not totally sure which direct the power adapter should really be placed either since the plugs are the same size (us version of the power adapter) . So ofc im stuck wondering also if it matters which way for rather it can even handle switching palerities or whatever. im most likely overthinking that too much. though with as hard as it is to get these things to boot up it makes it harder to tell rather it needed plugged in one certain way or not. also it seems like the HDMI ports which i havent really messed with before seem to put power through them from the tv, and can actually lite up the power adapter's led light if u dont have it plugged into the outlet yet. Yet another issue to make me worry about. So many questiosn to do with starting them up right without doing trial and error each time, ontop of worrying about whatever slight smell or odors they have. I also got a fan in the corner of the small room too that i had on at the time to make sure that the device wouldnt over heat, just in case. So with things looking ok i didnt even use it the next day, then the day after i went to start it up and had forgotten to turn on the UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) and had it plugged into i beleive the surge protection -only side instead. So i think it was getting power off of just the HDMI cable... seemingly enough to partly keep it going for a short bit?! cause it cable came up before i even got the UPS switch turned on, which is really surprising but what it showed on the tv screen was a lot of flickering went thru android screen and google screens somewhat slow but did so and was flickering like nuts, so in looking weird i think i must have unplugged the stuff to do trial and error to get the weird acting little device to work right, which is where i noticed the UPS light not being on and hit the power button on it to turn it on and let it goto a solid green led light and then tried to hook stuff up again.... and ofc after a lot of effort i couldnt even get it to come up to the android / google screens not alone into the desktop screen. also the MK808, usb cable and power adapter hooked together all 3 sorta smelt a bit even more than originally. OFC ive been afraid that it might have burnt up or something, aspecially with its smell, so i let it set a while and tried again even with setting it infront of a fan in the room to let it cool off. still nothing on the screen and still no blue light on the MK808. Btw, does the blue light always light up when it starts up? havent used it enough yet to know rather to look for that light or wait longer yet or what really. I also tried hook it up to the PC in another room and ofc the PC didnt seem to even recognise it at all. I let it set infront ofthe fan some more and tried using the reset switch in the tiny hole again with trying to press it both while it was unplugged and while it was plugged in but nothing.

Any suggestions please?

January 4, 2013
4:07 am
HIGHWAY99

Forum Posts: 2

update: i tried today with it on the tv again and still nothing, not even the blue light. So im hooking it to my pc yet again, still nothing, even with the reset button pressed while connecting it to the pc... windows 7 x64 doesn't even notice it for me to install the drivers.

---

Also superoneclick and finles rom flash tool also dont seem to find the MK808B when i have it pluggged into the PC via the OTG port

January 4, 2013
4:24 am
leiz

Forum Posts: 3

HIGHWAY99

update: i tried today with it on the tv again and still nothing, not even the blue light. So im hooking it to my pc yet again, still nothing, even with the reset button pressed while connecting it to the pc... windows 7 x64 doesn't even notice it for me to install the drivers.

I still have the same problem, i think. I ordered New one(MK808B) so havent tested the old One.
But the new is working fine... For now. :-D

The MK808B is Stock, i have done nothing to it. As long as it is working i wont touch it....

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172