MK808 questions and open discussion | Page 2 | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MK808 questions and open discussion
October 29, 2012
7:13 am
jesjhoward
Forum Posts: 47

Yes, you would need a dongle in order to get the wireless controller to communicate with your device. Its the same dongle one would use to connect their controller to a PC. Here is a link for one: http://goo.gl/ZhYnb

Let me throw down the situation with these real quick...

Android, for the most part, has no trouble supporting a wired Xbox 360 controller. Pretty much just plug in to an OTG port (certain kind of USB port, which the MK808 has) and no setup is needed because there is a file in the Android root system files that tells the device how to handle your controller input. Easy peasy. There also, usually, exists a similar file for the wireless Xbox 360 controller, but something about it isn't quite right... not sure why, but that's just how it is. When you plug this in most everything works... for example Onlive seems to work just fine without any trouble, but some games like Dead Trigger and GTA III have what is called the "Spinning Camera" bug. This means that when you load up your game and sync your controller, the games responds as if you were holding the right analogue stick to the right. Round and round we go.

There is an awesome user out there by the name of Sleepless Ninja, who has a video showing this problem as well as the steps to fix it: http://goo.gl/3CvY6. Pretty much what the fix involves is renaming the files we talked about earlier. Copying the wired file and renaming it to match the wireless file seems to fix the Spinning Camera bug all together, but you need root access to get this to work, which you can get easily if you're willing to flash the Finless rom, which comes pre-rooted, which can be found here: http://goo.gl/c9ZeV

I can totally vouch for this on Onlive and emulators, but Dead Trigger is still giving me a little trouble. I no longer spin, but I can't seems to set the rest of my buttons yet... always more work to do =] Anyway, if you need any help with understanding his tutorial (took me a bit to figure it out, lol) don't hesitate to post here. Good luck!

October 29, 2012
11:01 pm
ITrepairPro

Forum Posts: 24

Can you share the link to the Finless 1.5 rom? I downloaded (update_GV20_204j1.zip), but I think this is just the stock 1.5 rom, because Check Root doesn't show I have root access.

jesjhoward said

If you flash the Finless 1.5 rom, the xbox controllers work! Wired is good to go, but wireless needs a few extra steps. If you need any help, just let me know.

October 30, 2012
5:41 am
jesjhoward
Forum Posts: 47

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/aa0Lu

Be sure to read the whole post, and the readme that comes with the download. Let us know if you have any questions!

October 30, 2012
6:02 am
Josip
Croatia

Forum Posts: 1

Hi!
How much is the power consumption?
Can it connect usb wifi card on device? Will do work?
Can it connect usb DVB-T card on device? Will do work?

October 30, 2012
12:27 pm
T68

Forum Posts: 16

Just a short one: is the mk808 running ok with an old 720p flatscreen? Haven't made the leap to modern times and 1080 yet :-)

October 30, 2012
1:46 pm
Gravius

Forum Posts: 2

T68 said

Just a short one: is the mk808 running ok with an old 720p flatscreen? Haven't made the leap to modern times and 1080 yet :-)

Yes its runs fine with an old 720p :) I have an LG42plasma its about 6years old. It works great.

October 31, 2012
5:25 am
T68

Forum Posts: 16

Sounds great. But it´s a bit wierd this thing with 720 becaus this guy in tha same forum can not get settings to stay for 720p:

http://minipcforums.com/forum/.....n-problem/

February 3, 2013
11:53 am
Duiv

Forum Posts: 5

@IT68 I hope you just wanted to be funny ............I have also a six year old 40inch lcd LG

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172