Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
My experience setting up the MK808
January 7, 2013
7:51 am
glilly

Forum Posts: 11

Okay, so I just got the MK808 two days ago and couldn't wait to get it set up with the Finless Bob ROM.

I followed the flash instructions, but couldn't get the USB to work with the FLASH tool the easy way, so I had to use the hardware button / reboot method.
This is where I ran into my first problem. Apparently, these buttons are not soldered on very solidly (probably wave soldered) because after opening the hole up a little so I could insert a paper clip and then trying to do the reboot, I noticed that I heard something rattling around in the unit and I could no longer find the button by inserting my pin.

Upon opening the unit, I found the button laying inside (yikes!!). Not a big problem, if you have a decent soldering iron. I soldered the button back on and while I was inside I checked the WIFI antennas for the shorted condition that so may seem to report. Both antennas seem to be somewhat shorted (mine has the one soldered antenna and the other is a spring loaded contact antenna) but my WIFI seems to work. So, I'm not going to mess with that unless I need to.

I got the ROM flashed with no problems and I'm still setting up with all the apps etc... One thing I like is the 1.6 ROM includes the RKRemote.APK in the package. Finless Bob has integrated the RK Remote features right in the ROM so all you have to do is install the APK on your phone or tablet and you can control your MK808 with no additional setup required (cool). I have an old Android Phone that I no longer use set up as my bedside remote.

I also like the fact that the software shutdown option is part of the 1.6 build. I use that in conjunction with an X-10 remote controlled relay switch power outlet do turn off power and back on to restart the unit.

So far so good. I still need to get skype working (need to hook up a mic).
I'm also having an issue with Dolphin Browser. It comes up in huge screen (can't see the whole screen) and I can't scroll up to get to the configuration to adjust the screen size. Anyone have this problem?

G.

January 7, 2013
10:25 am
ruksack

Forum Posts: 21

I have a R12 keyboard, so with dolphin what I did was Hold the left mouse button down whilst swiping to the right with the touch pad until you get to start dolphin or some type of start msg ,problem is with dolphin is flash dont work on the 1.6 rom but it does on the stock browser.

January 10, 2013
5:33 am
glilly

Forum Posts: 11

Thanks for the feedback ruksack.
I had seen or read what you're talking about somewhere else too. I also ran across this post on xdadevelopers forum that addresses this (somewhat).
http://forum.xda-developers.co.....?t=1787595

Basically, it's a link to the older Dolphin browser APK that still supports Flash. It's not a perfect solution, but it gives options.

G.

January 10, 2013
8:09 am
ruksack

Forum Posts: 21

Yes max posted that solution on this forum I tried it on the standard rom when I brought the mk808 but could'nt get it to work might try again on bobs later,also have boat browser that supports flash but it don't work on JB ,This is my first JB device and I can't see the difference between JB and ICS apart from the flash problem.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172