My experience with Roms | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
My experience with Roms
November 3, 2012
7:48 pm
Aricsdaddy

Forum Posts: 7

Hi again,

Since getting my MK808 I have tried a few roms. Here is my feedback on them.

- Stock rom works relatively well, but I do not like all the bloatware

- Finless 1.4 This is what I am using right now. It is stripped down, has root access and superuser support. Does not fix the zoom issue and the Wifi is a little slower and not as reliable as the Stock Rom. It is also a little slower than the stock rom.

- Finless 1.5 This may have Root access depending on what version you are using. This claims to remove all the China Crap apps and bloatware, but has a ton of it's own Bloatware, most that is not very good. Like numerous settings apps which canot be disabled. Alternative launchers that you will never use, and have buttons like AOL (Hey it's 1997 again.) This rom is slower than Finless 1.4, and much slower than the stock rom.

- China Beta This rom looks promising. It is quite fast, has root access but not Superuser (As of this posting anyway.) The Wifi is fast and reliable. If they produce a final version which has support for only 'English' so you do not get the Japanese Keyboard hell, and remove all the Bloatware, then I would be happy to go back to this one. (I think it had screen lock too, which all but Finless 1.5 seem to lack)

NOTE: Up to now I have not seen any roms that have the full encryption for SD Cards. So this and a few other Jelly Bean features need to be included in any new roms.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172