Ongoing Wifi issue | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Ongoing Wifi issue
January 27, 2013
8:07 pm
bombsquadrob

Forum Posts: 9

I got my MK808 back in November and its running JB 4.1.1 on it.

One consistent issue I've been having is wifi dropping. I've got AT&T U-Verse with a G series wifi access point built in. Ive gone in and changed channels and still have issues with it just locking up with the wifi indicators on screen lit up.

I then went out and purchased a Netgear device and turned it into an N series access point and it works better but only when I have no authentication on the network. The MK808 is literally 15 inches away from the NetGear AP and still have it drop to around 5MBs connection from time to time?

Hellow??????? what is wrong here. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

January 28, 2013
12:10 am
vasco514

Forum Posts: 2

The MK808 has a shorting issue on both antennas, the ground was done very poorly.
Quality is not there, if you have a solder iron you can try to open and fix it there are guides online.

If your interested im trying to put together a group buy for the uhost 2. Same dual core chipset, runs 1.4 stock but much much better quality.
Retail runs 75-100$, sometimes double what you can get an mk808 for but so worth the cost. So far I have not had to use an rj45 to usb adaptor wifi runs great, no heating issues, i play GTA on it and it actually turns off.

If I find enough people on the forum to want to give it a go im hoping to get a 65$ deal going on.

February 6, 2013
9:12 pm
bombsquadrob

Forum Posts: 9

Well, I was going to just add a USB to Ethernet adapter to the unit at add a hub, but I want to make sure that is the only problem with the unit. Otherwise, I will just scrap the project and move onto another device.

Thanks for confirming issue with antennas, I think I had better do my homework on the next device. I think the next one will just have to use onboard Ethernet.

February 11, 2013
9:01 am
motorcyclemikie

Forum Posts: 19

"Well, I was going to just add a USB to Ethernet adapter to the unit at add a hub, but I want to make sure that is the only problem with the unit. Otherwise, I will just scrap the project and move onto another device.

Thanks for confirming issue with antennas, I think I had better do my homework on the next device. I think the next one will just have to use onboard Ethernet."

I am with you Rob, my MK808 started to make me do crazy things like wanting to run a Ethernet adapter in a wireless world. I'm waiting for a GOOD quad core mini. In the mean time I went back to my MK802 streaming movies off my 4tb NAS playing 7.1 (virtual) sound through my home theatre system (USB 7.1 sound card) ,now if I could just keep XBMC from locking up on some movies I would be happy as a clam.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172