Possibly killed 808 or did something very strange (can\ | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Possibly killed 808 or did something very strange (can
February 26, 2013
2:06 am
stal2k

Forum Posts: 3

OK I will update as I toy with this but here is where I'm at. bit of background first
I've flashed this thing 3 times total. Third was because of this current "issue"

device was running fine, actually idle (finless 1.6) I have it on my 72 inch TV so when it went from
desktop to off I kinda noticed (was on computer) so it power cycles to the dead android recovery.. I toy with it and cannot get it to boot into os. ok no problem I thought Ive been looking for an excuse to try the CM10 port out.

so using RKflash I put clockwork onto device then install cm10 (appears no issue) device still will not boot out of recovery. now the /sdcard is still intact at this point. then CWM starts yelping about not being able to load cache/log etc etc.. oh @#$ I guess I borked the internal partitions.

now getting this thing to recognize in windows 8 and use adb is its own can of worms, I'm sitting there with 2 cmd prompts open and the device plugged to pc from OTG port. in between power cycles I'll be damned if it did'nt boot CM and finish setup.

so while installing file explorer and whatnot to see what NAND looked like (CM10 link from here is what I used) I did notice in setup it had no /data partition not sure if this is intentional.

I forgot prior reading of thread and plugged in my SD card, and it power cycled device.. back to recovery stuck there.

Is it possible that I somehow reversed the function of the OTG and power ports? I have been poking in that reset hole quite a bit... I'm trying now to duplicate whatever I had going on that started the thing. any help would be wonderful.

also I was in middle of trying to get the "parted" program onto device when I thought I messed that up.
thanks in advance.

edit: I was able to duplicate the "process' it seems the only way I can get it to boot to OS is if I have it plugged into PC via OTG port and leave flash button alone, cannot have AC plugged in sametime.

February 26, 2013
8:22 pm
stal2k

Forum Posts: 3

well if this happens to anyone else I fixed it, after some scouring finless bob has a great thread on his forum detailing how to fix this, it seems like alot but it's not to bad, hell sticking a sharp metal thing into the 808 is how I got here in first place, nutshell you have to short two pins on the nand while in flash tool and it will fix it.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172