Pre rooted 10/26 firmware/MK808 | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Pre rooted 10/26 firmware/MK808
December 2, 2012
5:14 pm
norcal618
Forum Posts: 18

This is a pre rooted stock ROM for the mk808. Just flash as per instructions. This is the firmware im running on my MK808 and it is the best ive tried. No screen resolution problems, comes with super user installed out of the box and true hd...Has several other nice festures in settings also. The only issue ive come accross with it is that when I try to use a power off widget to power down before unplugging it completely soft bricks the device. When I try to boot back up it stays stuck on boot screen. I had to plug it back into my PC and re-flash the firmware. So now I just use a screen lock app which kinda shuts the device down, and then unplug. Im looking for a more efficient solution and will share when I find it.

Chagelog:
screen no longer stretched (now at 1280×672)
Added support for USB sound card
Added ethernet support
Improved performance
Auto hides status bar....on some apps

ROM LINK

Upgrade instructions
Download unpack the firmware image including the flash tool and USB drivers on your PC
Use a paper clip to press a button in the first hole
While pressed, connect the MK808 with USB cable to PC via OTG port
Install the USB drivers
Start flash tool, and select the image file
Press Restore button to start the upgrade process
When finished unplug and boot your MK808 on TV

I like to have my mk808 plugged into my tv or another monitor when falshing so I can see whats going on. Just make sure you use the otg port plugged into your PC. I will power the MK808 while also allowing data transfer from your PC.

If you need more detailed instructions on how to flash please watch the video on this site on how to flash firmware...The instructions are identical..

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172