Problems With XBMC | MK 808 | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Problems With XBMC
January 22, 2013
5:02 am
paul928

Forum Posts: 3

Hey all....New to the forums, but I just bought an MK808 mainly because I have an AppleTV 3 that looks like it will never be jailbroken! Anyway, when I installed XBMC on this, the video is constantly stopping and buffering. I know that it's not my wifi connection, because I have a great cable connection of close to 20mb down and 8 mb up. Also I can stream video from my PC that I have XBMC installed on, without any problems whatsoever! Is the MK808 under powered for XBMC ? I was also thinking that maybe if I bought a usb ethernet adapter, that it would solve my problem, rather than going wireless. Does anyone have this same problem, and is there a fix for this?.....Thanks

January 23, 2013
12:18 pm
paul928

Forum Posts: 3

actually figured out that it wasn't the MK808 after all! It was the crappy servers I was connecting to trying to stream movies from Navi..... added the channel1 plug in and now all is good. Movies in HD stream great now....no buffering, no stutters, or skips, smooth as silk.

January 28, 2013
9:01 am
mbwd

Forum Posts: 2

I am also having the jitter issue (movies slightly skip a second, making motion look edited, even when movie fully buffered). The jitter appears only on 720 movies and doesn't seem to exist on the sd movies.

Is this really just the stream (and its been all of them, including Channel1, Icefilms, and Projectfreetv)? Or is this possibly an MK808 issue? Anyone else having this problem?

BTW: its not my connection, as I tested an HD movie on my computer running xbmc and there was no jitter.

THANKS!

February 8, 2013
9:24 am
dbpdx

Forum Posts: 12

I am having the jitter problem as well at 720p......any ideas?

February 12, 2013
9:00 am
dbpdx

Forum Posts: 12

I resolved my problem, all I was using XBMC for was Navix, I bought the AMO Navix app from the Google play store for $2.99 and it works like a dream, no jitter in HD video. And now I have Navix on my Cell phone, Tablet and my MK808!

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172