MK808 Just purchased | Purchases | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MK808 Just purchased
January 9, 2013
11:52 am
glilly

Forum Posts: 11

I ordered an MK808 from Amazon for $54.89 here http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....os_product.
Shipping was free.
I ordered it on 1/2/2013 and it arrived on 1/5/2013.
I'm located in Port Orange, FL (near Daytona Beach) and the unit shipped from California.

So far I have configured it with the Finless 1.6 ROM and it works super smooth. I haven't worked out a WebCam for it yet. Still trying to determine if it's my Cam's or maybe a USB problem.

I had to open the unit already because of a poorly soldered Recovery Boot reset Button (the button broke off inside). Haven't had to do anything else yet.
I'm using the built in wifi so far with no problems although the signal is week (expect to do the antenna mod).
I installed an 8GB SD card. I haven't tried an external HD yet.
I have it installed on my bedroom TV since I didn't have a good streaming device there. I also hooked up a X10 controlled power outlet to turn the unit off remotely (after doing a software shutdown).

So Far, I'm very happy with the device.

G.

January 11, 2013
10:31 am
glilly

Forum Posts: 11

Okay, so I did the antenna mode on my MK808. Since mine has one wired and one with spring loaded pins (antennas) I desoldered the ground wire (and insulated) and then just removed the ground pin on the other side.
I didn't see any noticeable improvement in my wifi singnal. I'm going to assume my weak signal is just a weak wifi problem.
I'll probably get the Ethernet / USB adapter and try that.

G.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172