MK808B arrived from GeekBuying and working well | Purchases | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MK808B arrived from GeekBuying and working well
February 7, 2013
2:08 pm
BazPix

Forum Posts: 9

I bought an MK808B from Geek Buying via Amazon which arrived here in the US earlier this week. I was expecting possible wireless problems (my router is on the floor above) but so far, so good. I bought an Anker mini bluetooth keyboard with trackpad which works well with it. I was impressed that the MK808B was loaded with Jelly Bean and the option to launch the latest xbmcandroid build, which only came out around the time of my purchase. I'm a noob with this stuff so it was helpful to have everything well set up on arrival.

The only thing I wish is that there was a way to power the unit off, other than removing the power cable. I've tried several apps which are supposed to switch power off but none has worked. I've also been unable to stream Amazon instant videos (despite downloading an earlier version of Flash with the Dolphin browser it works with), but that's probably more an issue with Amazon than the player. It's not a priority for me anyway and I think I'll be well served by Project Free TV, 1 Channel, etc, which came preloaded with xbmc.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172