What to buy, iMito MX2 vs MK808 or...? | Purchases | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
What to buy, iMito MX2 vs MK808 or...?
November 29, 2012
9:55 pm
lucky88shp

Forum Posts: 5

iMito MX2 vs MK808 vs Neo G4

Hello,

I am very confused, this will be my first miniPC and I wanna get the best one at a reasonable price. My budget is around $75 and the three I think that fit my budget right now are the above mentioned, the MK808 or MX2 or the Neo G4. Now MX2 is about $15 more if I buy from geekbuying.com or $19 more if I buy here compared to MK808 on geekbuying.com. Neo G4 is being sold for $73 on geekbuying...Either way, my concern, is it worth it to spend the extra for the MX2 or should I just get the MK808. I am aware that the MX2 has better cooling, but is it really that unsafe on the MK808? Also, I want the device with the best WiFi and I hear the Neo G4 has it, is that correct? I apologize for posting so many damn questions, but would really appreciate any assistance. Thank You!

December 4, 2012
6:48 am
cheex

Hi Lucky,
I was wondering the same thing. in my case i dont really have a budget within reason. but i am lost on what model to buy. part of me think, wait for the quad cores to come out. whenever that will be. then again there is no promise they will be any better. when the AllWinners were dominating everyone said wait for the dual-core models. well they are here and sure a little better but still have issues with HD content and lack of support in XBMC. so i dont know i think i will just buy something and make of the best of it. i will probably buy a AMLOGIC stick or maybe just cave and get a MK808 cheap.

December 10, 2012
12:27 am
lucky88shp

So what did you buy? I bought the Minix Neo G4 on Dec 3rd...but the damn thing is still sitting in China according to the tracking info. which hasn;t been updated for more than 4 days! BTW. I bought it from geekbuying

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172