Why No GK802 Thread?? | Purchases | Android Mini Pc Forums

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Why No GK802 Thread??
January 3, 2013
6:18 am
trendsetter

Forum Posts: 3

hey everyone. happy new year.

i was just wondering why there is no GK802 Quad core thread in the current devices section or the purchases section? has nobody bought or received one of these yet? has there been any testing, problems, improvements? any opinions other then the one review on another web page by the guy who helped develop it? i want to and am probably going to buy one and when i do ill post my comments but in the mean time id just like some more feedback. or maybe i just missed it on here?

February 5, 2013
6:25 am
Ostracus

Forum Posts: 9

Well here's the obligatory post. Purchased a Zealz GK802. Came Monday. First plugged into a HDMI-->DVI adapter and of course no display. Also plugged into an HDTV and after some fussing with it, got it to work and registered. It according to Opera mini shows up as a Generic Android 4.0 so some apps from the Google Play store will not work. Youtube also only plays audio, no video. Wifi is only two bars for a router that's just down the hall, and Goggle Play times out often. Waiting for Ethernet-->usb adapter. Same with the air mouse. Gets warm but not excessively so.

February 8, 2013
11:45 pm
Ostracus

Forum Posts: 9

http://dl.miniand.com/tecknigh.....ketfix.zip

The firmware can be updated very easy:
1. Copy all image-files to the external SD-card (FAT32 is fine).
2. Insert the end of a paper-clip into a little hole besides the micro-usb, and then connect the stick to the power-supply.
3. The stick will then boot into recovery-mode and with a connected mouse or keyboard you can select 'update all system files' from menu.
4. Update needs a few minutes
5. Select 'reboot'

Fixed a lot of the problems and opened up more of the Google Play store.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 56

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bla0000: 45

audiobore: 35

ITrepairPro: 24

Melanie: 22

ruksack: 21

espressox: 20

SuicidalChef611: 19

motorcyclemikie: 19

Eric: 18

guardzero: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 4685

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 21

Topics: 462

Newest Members: redtony, benyig, camle, MeLE Keith, Geekson, Jackier, jebr25, DOS76, homenet, berndbausch

Moderators: jesjhoward: 47, norcal618: 18

Administrators: Max Powers: 172